Sunday 15 March 2015

Waltz in Jovian Red



'Machine, heal Thyself' - The Emperor of Mankind.

'The Omnissiah knows all, comprehends all' - Eighth Mysterie of the Cult Mechanicus.

'Below can be seen pic-capture of Techmarine Sehn Muhindos of the Crimson Shrikes Adeptus Astartes with the Thunderfire Cannon 'Waltz in Jovian Red', Muhindos typically supplied short range bombardments during urban warfare in the Shrine War, allowing Shrike kill teams to close range with suppressed rebel forces.

Muhindos was naturally gifted with an eye for the workings of machines, and was an ideal candidate to be sent to Mars for training as a Techmarine. There, he learned the nature of the Emperor-as-Omnissiah and the sacred rites of the Cult Mechanicus. After his return to the chapter, Muhindos was noted as a solitary figure, working alone deep within the Shrikes' fortress-monastery, finding communion with the wargear and vehicles of the chapter.


Muhindos was deployed under the command of Uhre Kutyet, Pater Mechanicum or Father of Machines, the head of the Crimson Shrikes Techmarine order. After Kutyet's death on the Second Day of Woe, Muhindos took nominal control of the position, and continues to lead the tech-order to this day. Rumours speak of a deepening belief of the Cult Mechanicus within the Techmarines of the chapter, and an almost fanatical hatred of the resurgent Necrontyr dynasties due to Muhindos's leadership and influence.'

Intercepted report sent by 'Tristan Ravewind', Inquisitorial agent, under direct command of ++REDACTED++

5 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or is that kind of a rough cast? Did you accidentally get a recast, maybe? If that's the finecast one, it looks a bit warped in parts.

    At any rate, it's a good looking model which is no surprise. Your colors happen to work quite will for a techmarine, though. The black arms help break it up. I've always felt the newer techmarines were way too busy in terms of detail, so it's nice to see your color variations change that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff!

    I totally get what you're saying about the painting. The GW Studio Techmarines always seem to have a vast amount of colours on, and to me that's just way too busy. I tried to stick to a small palette as I find that the model itself should do the talking, especially due to that amazing backpack that give it such a distinctive shape, plus you could drive yourself mad painting every little bit of detail.

    I'm not sure what happened with the casting though. I bought both my Thunderfires from the GW webstore, so it's not a recast issue. I haven't really painted much finecast due to having had issues in the past, so I think a lack of experience on painting that material certainly didn't help. I'm really glad they seem to be phasing it out though now, although admittedly i doubt I'd have wanted to paint this in metal either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hell, I heard the metal one was insanely hard to assemble. I don't think the finecast issue is due to any fault of yours. It's just some bits seem pretty rough or warped is all. I really want to add a TFC but I never seem to have the money. I need a Stormraven a lot more so that's probably next for big purchases.

    I'd love to see more of your stuff. Working on anything at the mo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The arms on the servo-harness are really flimsy, which is a shame, but the rest isn't too bad. The actual cannon went together really nicely! Thunderfires are great in game for the points I've found, and I've been taking at least one in most of my lists as you can just hide it at the back and throw out templates all day. I was considering a Stormraven myself but I can't really think of a list I'd use it in. I guess it'd be more of a fun thing to paint.

    Currently finishing up five tactical marines to get my Troops selections done, after that though....I'm not too sure. I have been toying with a small allied Grey Knight detachment (Libby, 9 terminators and a Dreadknight) as I painted my GK army in 2011 and I'd like to paint some from scratch, especially as I've gotten a lot better at painting since then.

    Also, looking at me from across the room are two boxes of Skitarii....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, those Skitarii are amazing. I can't blame you for that at all. It'll be fun to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete